Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to Site

As of the 8th of this month I became a peace corps volunteer. Tomorrow I will be leaving for my site for my official start of my service. I am really looking forward to learning more Wollof and bettering myself as a person. I have grown so much already I feel. I have made great friends so far and experienced so much in a few months. I am so content about everything happening in my life right now. But, enough of that stuff. I tried to get my pictures up, but I failed to do so because the internet service here is not so hot so I apologize for that. I will try at a later point to do such. It will be difficult from now on to get in touch via email and internet, because of where I will be it will be close to impossible. The closest big town is Farafenni. The city has an internet cafe, but it is never open and electricity is not sufficient in town. I have a new cell phone number for my site we will see if I have service there now. Nothing big has happened lately so I kinda don't have much to say. I will try to keep in touch on this blog every month or two. Otherwise, you can call me at my new number.

1 comment:

  1. It is AWESOME to hear all this happiness coming through in your communications......drink it in man, you ARE lucky, but you've certainly made your own luck in many cases, especially this one. Following your heart always ends up being a good, good thing.

    Have fun and take care of yourself. Still looking for your phone number(?)

    I love you very much.
    Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete