Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Learning a my Language.

Well, training is nuts. I am so busy. I really enjoy it though. I found out today that I will be learning my new language. The language is Wollof. It is such a cool language is kind of sounds like singing when you speak it. So in two days I leave for my training village. I am so very excited. In the village I will be learning the language with all the locals, while still learning the language. The village I am going to be in is called Salla Samba I think? It's on the Senegalese border. I am loving this experience so very much and am so comfortable with the way things are going right now. To answer a comment left before the food is incredible here and very weird, I will have to explain later, because I have to get some right now before it is gone. Much love to all and until next time, whenever that will be peace.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Craig! Sounds like all is going really well...This is awesome! Can't wait to hear you talk to me in your new language...
    What will your first responsibilities be as part of the corp? Will you be teaching? Working? Will you be living with a native family?
    Well, fill us in as you can. It's very cool to be a part of this with you, even from thousands of miles away.
    You take care of yourself and remember I love you.
    Nan says hi. She hasn't figured this out yet but I'll help her with it.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your doing good and I'm happy for you and I miss you. Just stay with the program and learn as much as you can!! I miss u and I talk to you soon.

    Love,
    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are doing well. We shipped a package to you last week. Gayle shipped one the week before. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to get there. We look forward to you posting some photos on either this blog on on Facebook. I'm reading your copy of 'Of Mice & Men', just finished Bill Bryson's 'Notes From A Small Island' (not as good as A Walk in the Woods). Hope to talk to you before Christmas! At any rate, we'll be thinking of you a lot. Love & Happiness!

    Kathy & Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i misses you thumper! it's about time you go out there and get you some travelin and experiencin and makin a differencin in like you've always too... in a style that is nothing but your own. you're obviously meant to make a difference in this world and i can't be prouder to see you doing it. you better be taking care of yourself... drinking plenty of water and whatnot. how's that skin of yours liking all that sun? i have a feeling all of mine would have peeled off by now. you have to teach me this language when you get back to the states... no if's, and's, or but's! :)
    take care cracka!
    ~smedley

    ReplyDelete